Ben je op zoek naar cocktailglazen?
Een cocktail drink je uit het juiste cocktailglas. Voor onze cocktails gebruiken wij cocktailglazen die verkrijgbaar zijn in onze shop.Bekijk cocktailglazen in onze shop
The Caipirinha is originally from Brazil. The name Caipirinha is derived from the Brazilian word Caipira. This term was generally used by countryside men and woman. The first Caipirinha cocktails are probably not made on a white Brazilian beach somewhere as we link to imagine, but in the countryside. Nowadays, the cocktail is famous throughout the whole world and you can order it everywhere. Even more because of the worldcup last june in Brazil. The cocktail is especially suitable for summer evenings with some nice and swinging music!
And like the Brazilians say: When life gives you limes, make a Caipirinha!
What do you need for a Caipirinha?
Cachaca (1 part)
Canesugar (2-3 barspoons, if you’re a sweetthooth maybe more, or else a little bit less)
Lime (4 parts)
Crushed ice (full glass)
1 part = 30 ml
How do you make a Caipirinha?
1) Cut the lime is 4 equal parts en put them in a tumblerglass (with special thick bottum).
2) Add the canesugar to the glass. Tip; use enough, the lime and cachaca have a strong taste.
3) Use a muddler to squeeze all the juice out of the limes and mix the lime and cansugar together.
4) Pour with a jigger around 30 to 50 ml cachaca in the glass.
5) Fill the glass with crushed ice, give it a good stir and put some more crushed ice in the glass untill it is completely full.
Share your homemade Caipirinha on social media
Did you try this cocktail based on our recipe, and your proud of it? Take a picture of your cocktail and post it with #Cocktailicious on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.